You can help the project in various ways, the best thing to do first is to
subscribe to the mailing-list as explained before, check the archives and the Gnome bug
- Provide patches when you find problems.
- Provide the diffs when you port libxml to a new platform. They may not
be integrated in all cases but help pinpointing portability problems
- Provide documentation fixes (either as patches to the code comments or
as HTML diffs).
- Provide new documentations pieces (translations, examples, etc
- Check the TODO file and try to close one of the items.
- Take one of the points raised in the archive or the bug database and
provide a fix. Get in touch with me
before to avoid synchronization problems and check that the suggested
fix will fit in nicely :-)