To aid the development and progress of the World Wide Web Sample Code Library, we have added tests to the library. Largely aiding the developers into showing which functions are working and when in fixing the library, which functions break.
Documentation on this testing is a little sparse and inadequate. Improvements will be made especially concerning documentation.
Ultimately, core function testing just amounts to writing lots of glue code and scripting. Large chunks are pretty repetitive, while others add lots of variance in patterns. What it amounts to is trying to capture all the possible failures in the glue code, such that the scripting language will not crash while being run in dejagnu. Unfortunately, I haven't been too good at capturing everything, but it suffices to show that the functions work.
Xing is now here working on the glue code to solidify the functionality between Tcl and C, so that quick implementations can be done using Tk and such. That will also result in a nice testing interface. Currently, my work has caught typos, small bugs and such, with the largest noticable flaw in the core library being in the parsing. The parsing functions do not hold to rfc1808.
This code is mostly here to show you that the library is functional, and does what it says. It is not a very robust testing method, as it can crash easily with improper setup. Also, a lot of this testing is black box testing...we need to peer into a lot of the data structures to test some of the results. However, I haven't got around to creating functions to output the elements of data structures like HTList for example.
Also, a lot of functions that have unique data structures (i.e. are the only function or so to use it.) haven't been implemented.
I've tried to make the glue code as complete as possible for the modules listed. A couple modules were only done simply to get at creation controls to pass them along to other functions.
Current Modules Supported fully with WWWLib 4.1:
Current Modules only Partially supported: